Dear Chefs and competitors,
I hope that you and your families are all staying safe and well during this very challenging time for us all. COVID – 19 has forced changes in our everyday life that none of us could have ever foreseen. We are very conscious that our industry is facing huge challenges with the loss and closure of business during the lockdown and the much welcomed but slow re-opening. We are hopeful that we can soon return to some level of normality and that our Industry will survive and come back stronger than before from this crisis.
On behalf of the members and Board of Directors of The Panel of Chefs of Ireland in conjunction with Sponsors Names We welcome the opportunity to announce the Chef Ireland All Ireland Chef of the year Culinary Championships, which will be held on a date to be announced in 2021 and subject to COVID – 19 restrictions.
As a result of COVID -19 restrictions this competition will be organised and held in closed identified kitchens that meet the requirements of the competition rules. We wish to extend a warm welcome to competitors and sponsors, to the Chef of the Year Culinary Championships.
The Panel of Chefs of Ireland mission is to promote quality and excellence in all activities related to the culinary arts, in particular the development of the craft in Ireland. This virtual culinary event affords our members and all chefs throughout Ireland the opportunity to display their exceptional culinary skills, creativity, innovation and techniques.
We look forward to this wealth of knowledge and expertise being shared amongst all chefs throughout the two days of competitions. This competition is endorsed by Worldchefs, the governing body of chefs associations world-wide. I would like to thank our sponsors for their continued support.
Finally I would like to thank my colleagues for their exceptional input into organising this uniquely distanced competition and to wish all competitors every success in your selected competition. We look forward to your participation in what promises to be a challenging and safe “Chef of the Year Culinary Championships”.
President - Panel of Chefs of Ireland
- Entries are limited to 50 teams for each - Senior and Junior competitions.
- Following a series of cook offs 8 teams will compete in each category final
- All competition entrants will be offered 1 Year free membership of the Panel of Chefs of Ireland*
- The Organizers reserve all rights to the recipes used and the photographs taken during the competitions
- The competitors are responsible for providing all equipment in their respective location.
- Awards will be presented each day and announced during the live competition
- All participants should wear their chef’s uniform for the awards
- All competitors and their assistants must register and display their competitor badge for the duration of the competition
- All participants must be present at the competition in their chef’s uniform.
- One Chef and one assistant per team
- Competitors who are not present at the appointed time and place of the competition will be considered as no-shows
- Please refer to the final schedule for your competition details and dates.
- The Chef Ireland Culinary Committee and Competition Organizer reserve the right to remove, change or add to the rules and regulations which may be required.
- All competitors will receive regular updates details and further updates on our website page.
- Membership application form must be completed as part of the competition registration. *
- For Further information please Contact: Brendan O’Neill at 00353 868151805
CHEF IRELAND – ALL IRELAND CHEF OF THE YEAR 2021
The competition is open to all Senior and Young Chefs on the Island of Ireland
- All competitors must submit a written three course menu and include 2 high resolution photographs of each finished dish by email to email@example.com
- Complete the on-line application form, select the correct fee and submit.
- Two hours will be allowed for one Chef and one Assistant to prepare, cook and present in their own working Kitchen a three-course menu to include the following:
- Starter Course must feature Irish Fish or Seafood
- Main Course must feature Irish Beef, Lamb or Pork, Poultry or Game
- Dessert Course must feature Chocolate as an ingredient and a biscuit garnish
- Prepared Stocks and Jus are allowed - all other items must be prepared during the competition.
- A detailed menu description along with the recipes, methods, allergens and costing of the ingredients must be provided for the judges.
- All competitors will be required to observe COVID 19 Health and Safety regulations including Social distancing and personal hygiene practices throughout the competition heats and final
- All competitors are required to wear a full chef uniform and safety footwear
- Senior Practical Competition is open to all chefs and trained cooks in all sections of the hospitality and catering industry.
- Young Chef Practical Competition is open to all trainee and apprentice chefs who are under the age of 24 on the 1st of February 2021.
- All Young Chef competitors are requested to provide evidence to verify their age on the application form
- Each team must submit their three-course menu along with the completed application form
- The on-line entry form must be completed by all competitors and submitted with the correct entry fee for each competition.
- Except where explicitly stated all competitors are required to provide their own raw materials, cooking equipment and service utensils.
- No prior preparation is allowed, other than basic peeling and cleaning of vegetables, basic stocks and jus are allowed to be used
- Competitors are reminded that special consideration will be given to hygiene practices, work methods, preparation, flavour, taste and timing during the competition.
- Competitors must take responsibility and ensure that their property, including dishes, and machinery are in safe working order
- Prizes will be awarded, if in the opinion of the judges that satisfactory standards for the competition have been achieved in all instances.
- In the event of a dispute, the chairman of the judging panel may intervene to resolve the issue.
- The chairman’s decision is final.
- All competitors will have the opportunity to receive feedback with an appointed judge after the competition results are announced
The competition finals will be run on a date to be announced in 2021 in the identified competitor locations.
Please check our website for updates www.chefsofireland.ie
All competitors must register and pay on- line. Please follow this link to the Online Brochure and Entry Form.
Contact Person for Registrations: John Clancy : firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to the Panel of chef of Ireland and posted to
Chef Ireland Competition Secretary
16 Clonard Grove, Sandyford Road, Dundrum Dublin 16 - D16 R791